Woohoo!! The first week back was a success....in more ways than one....
As a senior in high school, entering the new school year felt different: purposeful. It felt like everything I did, saw, heard, felt, meant more. All little things became sentimental. Even though the intimidating cloud of college applications still loomed over my head, I had a clearer sense of self and belonging.As I look back on the past 3 years, I am proud to say that I have grown so much. Whether it be in bittersweet ways, I appreciate all of the ups & downs, the obstacles, the achievements; it has brought me here now. I am relieved to put junior year behind me (rough times), but also grateful to have beautiful memories to reminisce.
So, the new year awaits.
I want to start by saying how I absolutely adore my schedule! I'm finally taking classes I am genuinely interested in. There might be 1-2 difficult classes, but interesting nonetheless, which is key to keep me motivated especially if I am going to power through senioritis.
Secondly, I am super excited to get to know more people--recent turn of events may have driven me to do so which will be explained in the next issue ;)--there are a lot of new faces (juniors and seniors) which makes me eager to socialize. If you told freshman year me this, I would've laughed in your face (figuratively and mentally because I would probably be too timid to do so). Me now, I can confidently say I am comfortable with being awkward, starting small talk, approaching first.
When it comes to people much more extroverted than me, I occasionally get nervous, but that's only human of me. I've started conversation with people I would've never expected to get along with, and now I've made so many new friends!
Another big thing, my teachers actually want to be there. I've had rough years with unfortunate teachers (even if I did suck up to them) who you could tell didn't want to be there, or just didn't care. This time, however, MAJOR change. They are engaging, welcoming, passionate, all of the above. They make me want to be present.
To my readers, whether you are going back to school or not, I wish for many blessings and new beginnings as we enter the arc after summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment