Friday, August 7, 2026

#WidgetFOMO

We have our first submission to the 'Editor's Inbox'!

Hi darling, I'm so happy you chimed in 𑣲⋆

So the question is how to find more gadgets for your blog. Well, I too had #FOMO after seeing countless of pages with the cutest and most unique widgets. 

After much trial and error...I think I finally cracked the code (haha get it).

1. Social Media + Bloggers 

I say starting out you should search on all social media platforms and other blogs already out there to get inspiration for what you like. There is so much variety that can be overwhelming, but other bloggers online can help give you a feel of possibilities. I found @sage4ever4, @cedes.bookshelf, @realcunt6767 on tiktok very helpful <3.

. ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁ ⟡ ݁ . ⊹ ₊ ݁.. ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁ ⟡ ݁ . ⊹ ₊ ݁.. ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁ ⟡ ݁ . ⊹ ₊ ݁.. ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁ ⟡ ݁ .⊹ ₊ ݁.. ݁⟡ ݁ . ⊹ ₊ ݁.. ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁ ⟡ ݁ .⊹⟡ ݁ . ⊹ ₊ ݁

2. Web Search

Now that you have some inspiration with you, take it to the web and just search for what you are looking for (e.g., "poll widgets for website"). You might have to dig deep, but it can lead you to many hidden gems! I recommend going on Reddit, GitHub, and elfsight.

. ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁ ⟡ ݁ . ⊹ ₊ ݁.. ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁ ⟡ ݁ . ⊹ ₊ ݁.. ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁ ⟡ ݁ . ⊹ ₊ ݁.. ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁ ⟡ ݁ . ⊹ ₊ ݁.. ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁ ⟡ ݁ . ⊹ ₊ ݁.. ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁ ⟡ ݁ . ⊹ 

3. Neocities


Okay this is the real deal. Neocities has numerous websites with the most intricate design and options. Highly underrated!! Some of them directly offer you the HTML/embedded codes for you to copy & paste which is great....however some don't. 

This leads me to my final tip.

. ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁ ⟡ ݁ . ⊹ ₊ ݁.. ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁ ⟡ ݁ . ⊹ ₊ ݁.. ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁ ⟡ ݁ . ⊹ ₊ ݁.. ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁ ⟡ ݁ . ⟡ ݁ . ⊹ ₊ ݁.. ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁ ⟡ ݁ . ⊹ ₊ ݁.. ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁ ⟡

4. Inspect Feature - For Computer/Laptop Users

When you right click on your device, at the bottom you should see 'Inspect'. Doing so reveals the entire code of whatever is on your screen! I'm no tech savvy                                     coder (I wish), but I learned that you can copy & paste the coding from your screen.

Let's say you are on someone's blog and you really like a certain gadget they have. Right click on that gadget, go to inspect, and the specific item you clicked on should have it's coding section highlighted. something like this ------------->

I know it looks intimidating. Stay with me here (ᵕ⸝⸝• ᴗ •)

Sometimes the highlighted section might not be the exact one that will give you the entire code. Like this example here, the code for the screen of the widget was automatically highlighted rather than the entire widget with its features

Now what?

Hovering your mouse across the screen highlights the coding of different sections.

Here I had to hover over <dive class="widget -content"> to get the full thing. Usually the one that says "widget content" is the one you are looking for, but play around just so you can get comfortable and familiar! Anyway, once you've found the sweet spot, click on it, right click again, and go to "edit at HTML".

Now just copy and paste everything and put it on your layout! 
Once you get the hang of it, you can even edit the code to your liking for things such as color, size, etc. That takes a good amount of messing around, so don't worry about that too much.

I'm assuming you know how to apply the widgets to your layout/blog, but if you need a tutorial on that...you know where to find me ;).

I hope this was helpful!

. ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁ ⟡ ݁ . ⊹ ₊ ݁.

with love,
fleurjacque at your service 。 ₊°༺❤︎༻°₊ 。




No comments:

Post a Comment